Engineer in Brampton, Ontario
• Supervised installation, maintenance of distribution transformer, switchgears and line.
• Performed routine maintenance and testing of switchgears at various substations as per SOP.
• Conducted survey of 11Kv overhead and underground line routes and its laying.
• Prepared and maintained periodical checks of transformers, switchgears, 11kv structures including lines to improve system reliability.
• Conducted periodical checking of voltage profile, load on transformers and its balancing.
• Prepared and executed system improvement schemes.
• Helped teams of junior engineers and technicians in planning and scheduling preventive maintenance task to quality and performance
• Managed a team of more than 100 members taking care of almost 100 Thousand consumers.
• Liaised with various government functionaries to ensure smooth operation and maintenance.
• Assisted senior engineers in reviewing equipment and network designing.
• Collected, reviewed and analysed system parameters and load data of different medium voltage substations for planning and designing
system improvement schemes for overhead and underground residential and commercial consumers.
• Forecasted material requirement for next one year.
• Prepared and maintained material statement account and schedule of work and its closer after completing the assigned job.
• Prepared estimates for HT/LT service extension.
• Prepared material requisition based on sanctioned estimates and work order.
• Supervised construction work related to line extension.
• Conducted energy audit to ensure the proper working of energy meters.
• Supervised the day to day tasks of taking readings of instruments and posting in log sheet as per standing instruction.
• Prepared list of slow and fast-moving items to avoid unnecessary material procurement.
• Assigned responsibilities of specifying root cause failure analysis of distribution system.
• Prepared SOPs and related documents to run the system smoothly.
• Performed voltage drop, short circuit, power factor sag and stress analysis.
• Addressed complaints registered through CRM using SAP-3
• Kept daily registers of work with details of work carried out, material used and manpower utilised.
• Supervised project implementation schemes pertaining to extension of 132Kv GIS, hybrid and conventional substations financed by EXIM
and Asian Development Bank.